1031 Exchange Place has been serving clients from Idaho and all around the country since its founding in 1997. We’d love the opportunity to help you with your exchange, so while we hope you find the information on our site helpful, we invite you to talk to an expert by either sending us a message or calling 1-800-USA-1031.
Work with a 1031 Advisor
At 1031 Exchange Place, we’re advocates for you throughout the 1031 exchange process. Rather than simply take you through the process, our goal is to make sure your next exchange goes as smoothly as possible – whether it’s your first exchange or your twentieth. We do this by taking the time to understand your specific situation and working closely with you along the way. On top of all of this, our fees are very competitive. Whether you’re in a rapidly growing area like Boise, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, or Pocatello, or in a small town, we have the experience to help you make the most of your exchange. We invite you to talk to a 1031 expert to see how we can help!
1031 Properties in Idaho
If you’re like many exchangers, you may not have a specific replacement property lined up for your exchange yet. We’ve found that most exchangers in this situation are looking for properties that will provide them with secure monthly cash flow. At 1031 Exchange Place, we’re here to help with this as well. Our team of 1031 experts can provide extensive options for 1031 properties. As we help you navigate the 1031 process, we’ll come to an understanding of how to best meet your needs. That often leads to a wide list of properties that can function extremely well as 1031 exchanges, and we can help connect you to the properties that best match your situation – from Tenants in Common (TIC), Delaware Statutory Trusts (DST), and net lease properties (NNN). Contact us for more information on any of these kinds of properties. ~ 800 W Main St, Suite 1460, Boise, ID 83702
Idaho Real Estate Market
The Idaho real estate market continues to be healthy with a lot of real estate being bought and sold. You probably know that already and that’s why you’re here! Here are some general numbers for the Idaho real estate market:
- Overview: The state of Idaho added nearly 15,000 new jobs in the year 2017, for a 2.1 percent growth rate that’s well above the overall national rate. This does represent a slowing of recent improvement before that point, but this was to be expected – we’ve basically reached full employment in Idaho. State unemployment was at just 2.9 percent in December 2017.
- Home prices: Average home prices rose 14 percent year-over-year in 2017, with Valley County making up the largest growth. Every county in the state saw home prices increase from the fourth quarter in 2016, with all but one seeing double-digit increases.
- Sales trends: Sales rose by 9.1 percent year-over-year, with the fastest rises in Shoshone County, Kootenai County, Payette County, Blaine County, and Bonner County. Available homes for sale also rose.
- Days on market: The average days on market for a home in Idaho dropped by about 20 days in 2017. Northern Idaho homes took 122 days to sell on average, while southern Idaho homes took 83 days on average. Ada and Canyon counties had the fastest rates of sale.
- Overall: The Idaho market remains favorable for sellers and projects to continue that way through 2018 barring major changes.